Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Drumroll, please...

Today was the official weigh in for week one.  I am the type of person who is highly motivated by numbers.  I have tried every fad diet that exists and if I don't post a large number in the first week, I know it's not going to be something I stick with.

I am very excited to report that I lost a total of 10.6lbs in week one.  The goal I had set for myself was to lose 40lbs by the end of the 60 day challenge and this is a fantastic start.  A tiny bit over 26% of the way there!  I know that first week loses are usually larger than the following weeks, and I'm okay with that.  But this is just what I needed in order to feel motivated enough to be just as committed for week two.

I had a non-scale victory yesterday as well.  I'm trying to keep reminding myself that these victories are just as important as the weight loss.  I had to run to the grocery store to pick up a few things we needed.  Last month, they opened a Tim Horton's kiosk in our local store.  I love ice caps and I love honey crullers even more.  As I passed by the kiosk, the baker came out and added a freshly baked tray of the crullers.  I would have given anything for one of those doughnuts.  Anything except losing track of what I'm trying to accomplish.  So, I didn't indulge.

All in all, a great week.

1 comment: