Thursday, August 8, 2013

Logistically Speaking

Now that I feel I have the hard part under my belt, I've started thinking about what happens next and how I can best make this new lifestyle fit with my life.

I am a teacher and will be heading back to the classroom in the middle of next week.  That gives me a few days to organize how I'm going to continue with smoothies while I am working.  Right now, I drink about 60oz of green smoothie three times a day.  I make a container full at breakfast and drink it throughout the morning.  I do the same at lunch and again in the evening.  Being back at work will mean some organizing.

As of now, I plan to make my green smoothie in the morning and try to drink half of it before I go to work.  I will put the other half in a sealable jug and put it in the fridge at work and then at recess time, I'll fill my smoothie container and try to get the rest done before I'm back in the classroom.  It'll take some juggling on my behalf because I'm not used to leaving my end of the school for the office during recess.

I have always found in the past that I hit a wall at around 3:30pm or so as well.  I hope to bring back enough green smoothie that I'll have that to use when I have meetings and such at the end of the day.

I also have a week in September when I will be over in Iqaluit working on a committee that I am part of.  I do have a Magic Bullet, so maybe I'll start doing some test runs now in that to see if it would be reasonable to use it for the week while traveling.

What do other people do when their traveling and trying to eat a raw, vegan diet?  How do you get around the expected dinners with colleagues?  Hmmmm......I'll have to think on that one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment