Friday, August 9, 2013

Grocery Day

Ever wonder what the fridge of someone living a raw, vegan diet looks like? No?  Me either until I started the green smoothie challenge.






Our groceries arrived today.  I am disappointed with the bags of spinach.  Only about 60% of them are salvageable.  This is one of the major roadblocks we'll be faced with as we continue on this journey.  It's really difficult to get quality produce here.  If you buy it in town, the price is astronomical.  If you order it from the South, you run the risk of it being ruined in the shipping process.

We'll make do with what we have available and hope for the best.

Last night, a friend came over to visit and I popped some popcorn so that I didn't feel like such an awful hostess.  I know it's not raw but I rationalized it by saying that corn is a vegetable, so it's not as bad.  I ate it without salt, butter, or anything added.  I suppose it's better than the chips, peanuts, chocolate, and cookies I would have put on two weeks ago.

2 comments:

  1. Milly - Could you use frozen spinach or frozen kale if it's available for shipping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've frozen what we can of what was still good. I'm sure as long as there isn't an additives, it's fine. I've used frozen spinach before and it didn't affect taste or texture.

      Delete