Thursday, August 15, 2013

Grumpy

I am grumpy today.

I had my smoothie for breakfast and lunch and feel fine hunger-wise.  But, I just want to ease the grump I am feeling tonight by diving into a bag of candy. I am back to work this week and while the staff is amazing and I love my work environment, it's definitely more stress than sitting at home puttering around and enjoying the lazy days of summer.

That's not to mention the five dozen doughnuts and boxes of popsicles that have been floating around the staff room since the first day.  I'm proud of myself for not giving into the temptation but I am grumpy that I have to deny it to myself because I know I can't handle it.  It's a slippery slope for me and I know if I slip, it's very hard to get back on track.

I know days like this happen and I need to develop mental strategies to help me get through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment